How to care for your Tattoo:
If a wrap was applied then remove it within one to two hours after receiving the tattoo.
- Wash hands first then wash your tattoo with a pump-style antibacterial soap using your finger tips. (Approximately 3-5 times a day or as needed)
- DO NOT use a wash cloth or any scrubbing type of material!
- Rinse thoroughly. Pat dry with a clean hand towel then allow your tattoo to air dry until doesn’t appear to be oozing or moist.
- When dry, apply a very thin layer of ointment, preferably AquaPhor healing ointment or A+D ointment for the first 4 to 5 days, 3 to 5 times a day, rubbing it in and leaving only a thin layer. (Keep the area tattooed away from clothing if possible or wear loose clothing to avoid irritation)
- After the first 4 to 5 days switch to a small amount of Lubriderm hand lotion (any lotion preferably containing Vitamin E and Aloe Vera will do) to moisturize your tattoo 3 to 5 times a day or whenever it appears dry.
DO NOT pick, scratch, or peel any loose skin or scabs! They will come off when ready while washing or applying moisturizer.
DO NOT soak your tattoo in pools, ocean, baths, hot tub, etc. Short showers only until completely healed (approximately 2 to 3 weeks).
DO NOT expose to direct sunlight until completely healed. Once healed if you cannot prevent exposure to the sun then apply maximum strength sun block (SPF45) to keep your colors looking bright and new!
If you have not properly cleansed the area and the following occurs, consult a health care provider:
Unexpected redness, tenderness or swelling of the area tattooed. Any rash or unexpected drainage at or from the site of the procedure or have a fever 24 hours after being tattooed.
Feel free to call us or stop by if you have any questions or concerns.